Finally got some time to bake this weekend :) Im always on a quest for the perfect chocolate cake recipe. So far, this recipe is "taking the cake" so to speak but I'm still on the look out. Had fun baking while Molly (my adorable puppy) watched.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup boiling water
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1250ml icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons margerine
- 50ml milk
- Sieve all the dry ingredients.
- Add to this, the boiling water and oil.
- In a separate bowl, separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks, adding the vanilla essence.
- Add this to the chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and add to the chocolate mix.
- Bake at 190 ˚C for 30minutes
- For the icing, seive the sugar and cocoa.
- Add to this the melted butter and hot milk
Kelly Smith (the lady behind this stunning work) uses contemporary supermodels and redresses them in designer collections. Her work has appeared in publications such as Vogue and Cleo. Visit her blog Birdy & Me for a new perspective of fashion illustration, I'd highly recommend doing so.
The beach and good music - you cant go wrong! Had THE best weekend rocking out to my favorite South African band Aking :) The concert was on the beach, just down the road from where I stay. I captured these memories using instagram.