For the chocolate lovers
Finally got some time to bake this weekend :) Im always on a quest for the perfect chocolate cake recipe. So far, this recipe is "taking the cake" so to speak but I'm still on the look out. Had fun baking while Molly (my adorable puppy) watched.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup boiling water
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1250ml icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons margerine
- 50ml milk
- Sieve all the dry ingredients.
- Add to this, the boiling water and oil.
- In a separate bowl, separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks, adding the vanilla essence.
- Add this to the chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and add to the chocolate mix.
- Bake at 190 ˚C for 30minutes
- For the icing, seive the sugar and cocoa.
- Add to this the melted butter and hot milk