Classic Napoletana Pasta



Okay, so I'm not a fan of tomato. At all. But when it comes to Napoletana Pasta, I make an exception! Im such a fan of this sauce, that it's the only thing I order when I go to Primi. Decided to make a version of my own this weekend. The recipe I use reduces the acidity of the tomato. Try it, you won't be disappointed!


Ingredients

- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 750g ripe tomatoes skinned; or tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
- 25g butter
- Basil leaves
- Half a cup of milk or cream
- Chilli (optional)

Method

1. Saute the onions, garlic and chilli until golden brown
2. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Leave to simmer for
    about 20 minutes
3. Add the milk/cream and butter and mix well. Leave to simmer for
    a further 10-15 minutes
4. Pour over pasta and top with basil or mixed herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment